welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Friday, November 05, 2010

the greatest

Who is the greatest? Some would say I am because I've written 15 best sellers. While others would say no I am because I'm a MVP? and on and on. sad to say in the church some would say I am because I pastor a church of 5,000. others would say I am because I am on the deacon board. While all these are great achievements they are not how God looks at greatest. Jesus told us the measurment of being the greatest in God's kingdom. You must be aservant of all. The world doesn't consider a "servant" great. A servant is beneath them and low. But in the kingdom of God great. Does this meant a servant to only to those we like? Nope! does it mean only when we feel like it? Nope! is to only those in our church? No! Jesus a servant to all. that means even the bumb on the street whith teeth missing and holes in his shoes and who probably hasn't taken a shower in a year. we need to suck it up bear the odor and serve them some how some way. who knows the effect you'll have on one life if you take the time to serve. it is embarrassing to me to see how our family of God is selective to who'll be served. they often base criteria on serving. something like "you must attend our church once a month in order to take part in our serving you. or they might say you have to do... you know what I'm talking about. so let's lay aside the junk and requirements and start serving one another. after all Jesus served the disciples and he is Great because he is God and he came to pay the ultimate price. So let us look for ways to serve. just reach out and Jesus will reach in and help clean things up. it might take a long time but in the end you'll be rewarded not by money persay and maybe not on earth. but in Heaven. don't serve with a motive that you get something in return. serve with a humble heart and let the Lord guide and direct you and watch and see what happens.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details