welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Saturday, November 06, 2010

giving thanks

As Thanksgiving is fast approaching. I wanted to take the time and write this. When we are asked on Thanksgiving day what we are thankful don't say you have nothing to be thankful for. The fact we all have things we are thankful for. Yes, I will admit, some have more then others, the fact is we all have something that we can thank God for. For me first on my list is always, my salvation. Without it I know I'd be lost and heading for hell and no chance for Heaven. I also am thankful for freedom. The freedom to worship my Lord, to read His word and to pray. Thankful for my daughter and my family. I could go on and on. I think you have the idea. The simple things we have and take for grant it we should be thankful for. This holiday season take time to reflect on what you are thankful for. I am sure you'll find something if you only take the time to pause, listen and search. Many things happen to us and don't happen. God provides for us on a regular basis. How often do we take time out to thank Him for his blessing. We are quicker to pray for help, or for someone. It is like we live in a give me give me world. But how often do we truly stop and thank God for what he is doing and has done. Rarely I am afraid. I am not perfect and I am in the same boat. I forget to thank God. He has given me a daughter who has accepted Jesus as her saviour at the age 5. Then at the age of 8 has walked in His way and followed His command and has been baptized. While there are indeed many things I'd like to have, things like a wife, a permanent job, and my eye sight back. While I do pray on these things. I am resting in the Lord's time and am being patient for this to happen. It will one day I know. but sometimes I don't know when or how or where it will happen.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details