welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

ding a ling

As many of you my dear readers know I am once again ringing the bells for the Salvation Army. You got it I am a ding a ling. Some would say I've always been so so what's the difference. The difference is I get paid now to be such. It seems to be going well so far. Six days a week for about 5 maybe six hours. We don't get the normal breaks. We get a five minute break on the hour. we can't however add them up and take them at one sitting. That is the big difference between now and the last two years. Also this year I am doing something different. Yesterday I started with it. I am handing out candy canes while I ring. as money goes in I pull one out and hand it to the person. if a child is doing I not always but usually hand over two. one for the child and one for their parent. it was awesome. I caught many off guard for sure. not everone took one but those who did seemed to smile and say thank you. I got the idea from someone last year and didn't do anything about it. but now that we are under way have decided to do something unusual. so keep us bell ringers in your prayers please. we have to model the Love of Christ and smile and refuse to react to those who choose to be unkind. I don't run into that usually but some do. it feels good to be working. just wish I had a full time permanent job. but this is alright. it is better then nothing and I am thankful for the opportunity to help raise money for a worthy cause the Salvation Army. So if you pass by a kettle drop in some change or bucks. or a check. but if you can't do any of that just stop by and say hi and encourage them. if the store you are at has coffee available for free to customers. ask if they'd like a cup. they'll probably say YES!!! but above all pray the the season goes well. we've completed the first two days and things seem to be going well. take care and God bless each one of you.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details