welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Sunday, October 31, 2010

bapism

Today, October 31, 2010, was a special day. Today RuthAnn Strube, my daughter, was baptized. Lance Laker our interum pastor did the baptism. What made this an extra special day was something that not even I thought would be possible. As many of you my readers know I had the pleasure in leading my daughter to Christ. Well that pleasure came full circle. Today I got to have the opportunity to help baptize her. That's right! I was in the tank with her and as Lance went to put her under I laid my hands on her shoulders and took part. A rproud day indeed! It was about 2 weeeks ago that she had expressed the desire to be baptized to grandma "my mom" and I was told of this. We talked during the week. Then last Sunday we talked some more and she assured me she wanted to. So it was that day after church Ruthann, my mom and I sought out Lance and I tried to get Ruthann to tell him. But would you believe it! She got shy all of a sudden. I then spoke up and told him that she would like to be baptized. He inquired when. He suggested the fowllowong week. We agreed. The whol family was there this morning. My mom and dad of course, My sister Annette, Eryl, Hannah, Sarah, Emma my brother Bryan and my grandma and her signifcant other Walt. Words cant really truly express the pleasure, excitement that I felt. I now have had the opportunity to be a big part of two major events in her Christian walk. We met with Lance this morning prior to the service to go over the plan and help Ruthann understand what was going to happen. Then befor we left Lance asked me to pray. This was awesome as well. Today is a day I will remember for a long time. Ruthann was a trooper and handled it with grace and tenderness. No sign of fear or reservation. Totally opposite of what I thought might happen. The fact my whole family was there to celebrate made this day even more special.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details