welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

good samaritan

I was reading my daughter her bedtime story the other night. We read "The Parable of the Good Samaritan." A certain lawyer ask Jesus a question, "teacher how can I get eternal life?" Jesus responded "you know the law what does it say." The lawyer stated "love the Lord your God with all your heart, soul and mind and your neighbor as yourself." Jesus said "you said it. Go do and you'll have eternal life." Like all lawywers not wanting to made to look stupid asked a follow up "who is my neighbor?" Jes told the story. A certain man was heading for Jericho. He fell among robbers and they beat him up and left him for dead. While he is lieing there in obvious pain and bleeding he looks and sees a priest coming. I bet he cried out loud as he could for help. The priest stopped looked and passed by. He did that because he didn't want tob be bothered and become unclean. Then a Levite came the man cried out I'm sure and he passed by for the same reason. didn't want to be bothered and didn't want to be considered unclean. Then along came a Samaritan. I am pretty sure the man tried to keep quiet. being a jew a samaritan was the last person he thought would help. But he was mistaken. The samaritan came along side and bandaged up the woulnds cleaning them and put the man on his donkey and took him to an inn to rest. This I'm sure surprised the man. after all the Jews had no dealings with the samaritans. The samaritans were half Jews and considered dogs by the full blooded Jews. the next morning the Samaritan gave the inn keeper some money and said take care of him and when I come back I will repay any expense. Jesus asked the Lawyer who was neighbor. "the one who showed kindness." you notice there he didn't specifically name the samaritan. he I'm sure had a distaste for them. Jesus said go and do likewise. I stated this story for one reason. We need to ignor lables that people where. Need to ignor color ability or disability. all the outward stuff. and show love. You never know what joy you'll give the person. often times people are overlooked because they aren't a perfect 10. maybe they are disabled and can't do this or that. like me. I am totally blind but am capable of doing many things. but many times I am look past and if I am with a sighted person many times am treated like I am stupid and don't know anything. they talk to the sighted and inquire "what will he have, or what does he want?" thankfully many of my sighted friends shrug their shoulders and tell the person ask him. I've told that they have the look of surprise something like "he can speak? or He can talk?" so lets go and do like the Samaritan man did and show kindness to the down fallen or the hurting. Our Father in Heaven will reward you efferts and you'll actually walk away from the experienced having learned a thing or two. If not and you can prove that you didn't come away with some joy or having learned something. then I will eat a bowl full of beats. many of you who know me know I can't stand beats. every day you come past someone who can use some help. take the time. quit being so busy that you can't be the hands, feet or arms of Jesus. You'll be glad you did.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details