welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Thursday, August 06, 2009

who do you follow?

We live in a day and age where everyone is looking for someone to follow. But when choosing someone to follow you must be very very careful. Don't just at a flip of a switch choose someone; only to find out later it was not wise for one reason or another. Sad to say some people find out to late and are not able to recover from that decision.

We as Christians obviously have chose to follow Jesus Christ. He is our person we want to follow. But we don't see Him in the flesh and having said that it is obvious that it is difficult someone you can't see. I realize it says in scripture "faith is the substance hoped for..." Hebrews 11 verse 1. So choose a person you can look to that you can follow. Be careful. commit it much prayer and do your due research.

ow do you research? check scripture with what they are saying. make sure it lines up. secondly observe their life. do they reflect what they teach? if something doesn't line up then you reallly should find someone else to follow. it is not an easy task but who you follow reflects on you. because you are what you read and learn. You hang around trash long enough? well you'll eventually smell like trash. I for one don't like to smell trash and hate being around it. I enjoy fresh smelling flowers and fresh smells. they are pleasing and comforting. so I'll tend to try and hang around that. the same is with people if your life smells good and fresh it will draw people. and as you draw people you should ultimately point them to Jesus. not to you. when it bils down you should see Jesus in the person you follow and and the person. it is said back in the day "you are the only Jesus some will ever see." so make sure your life lines up. sure enough your not perfect but as long as people see you are human and not acting like your perfect they will be drawn to you because your being genuine. some may leave you because they find you don't glitch with them for one reason or another but stay on task do do what Jesus would do. Remember that Jesus loves you! and so do I!

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details