welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

the tongue

We all use it and have one. A tongue that is. and how we use our tongue is sometimes a huge problem.

James tells us that "out of the mouth come praising and cursing, this shouldn't be." This is true. We are often quick to praise God for all he's done in our lives. and sometimes far to quick to curse others for things they've done or haven't done.

We should think befor we speak. we should listen twice as much as we speak. that is why we have 2 ears and only one mouth. I realize that people do things that get under our skin but think befor you speak.

You should think "if Jesus did this how would I speak" we need to speak in love and not with intent to hurt or condemn and with a vengance.

The saying "stick and tones may break my bones but your names will never hurt me:" is a lie! names do hurt. I think we could see the wounds we cause by our words we'd probably think twice. Words can heal as well. so think befor you speak.

for some this is more difficult then others I realize. but it is a practice one needs to do. the Psalmist says "let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you oh Lord my God and redeemer"

I realize that someone may have said something that hurts big time. think befor you say in response and speak in love. sometimes what we have to say may hurt but do it in a way that shows your love for that person. Every action has a reaction. we all have seen that the shortest words or such spoken or writen can cause a world of trouble or a world of good.

in closing it is not what you say that is going to get your message to someone. it is HOW!! you say what you say that is going to convey a message whether intended or not. you may say "i didn't mean it that way." but how did you say it? that is key.

God bless and we'll post soon.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details