welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Toast Master elections

Well as many of you know I am a member of Toast Masters International. The clube I belong to is called Words of Hope. I have been a member for about 3 years or so. Well tonight we held our anual elections and I was elected President. I previously held the office of Vice President of Education. But let me step back and explain something to those who are not aware of what toast masters is. Toast Masters is a club that one can join to learn both leadership and communication skills. While indeed the main focus seems to be on public speaking the skills learned can be applied in all forms of ones communications. the awesome thing is that many employers are recognizing this as a traing tool and reimbursing their employees for joining a Toast Masters club. I have completed my begining level and am 2 speeches away from the next level. will be speaking next week so by July I plan on having this level completed. I strongly reccommend Toast Masters it has helped me in more ways then I have space to write.

3 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

Good job Dan. I wis you all the best and I am sure you will succeed.

strider1971 said...

yes toast masters is for men and women. so all you all should check it out.

Anonymous said...

How did your club hold their elections? Our club does it "inhouse" where the committee decide who the next committee will be and then the club ratifies it. I think it should be more transaprent so I am interested in how your club, or any other club, goes about their elections. please reply to rbwoolley@xtra.co.nz

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details