welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

remembering

I was just remembering the day that my daughter Ruthann was born. many of you probably don't know the story behind her birth. well grab a coke or coffee or juice or whatever and have a seat and read on. It was January 25 2002. I was preparing for my last day of work before going on my leave before my child was to be born. I awoke that morning at 4:30 in the morning as I did every morning. I had a quick breakfast and coffee and left for the bus stop. Got on the bus and headed for work. got off said bus and walked in with a co-worker. He joked with me that today could be the day. I laughed and stated that no it wouldn't be. my child wouldn't be born until January 29. I got in to work and went to my desk and changed out of my boots and into my shoes. left for the lunch room and grabed a snack from the line. called Jennnifer to let her know I made it to work safely. this is al usual routine thus far. well anyway Jennifer told me that she was going to have to change the sheets. I was totally awake and thought she had been sick. she stated no but rather she thinks that her water had broke. she then told me to call back in about 10 minutes. I went to talk with my supervisor who informed me that I wouldn't be staying around. I stated we didn't know for sure but she reminded me that she had had 3 kids and she knew what she was talking about. well we had our preshift meeting. i left after that and called Jennifer and she told me to stay put they were on the way to pick me up to go to the hospital. I ran back to my desk threw off my shoes and threw on my boots. told my supervisor. and was gather my things at my desk and one of my co-workers stated she could give me a ride. I stammered and stated I had a ride. one of the other supervisors thought it was funny. we arrived at the hospital about a quarter to 8. Jennifer was about 2 or 3 centimeters or something like that. well I and our firend who came with us her name was "andie" and i waited and waited. we left for a few mintues for lunch and came back and still no birth. finally about 9:04 that evening they decided to do a c-section. and Ruthann was born. it was amazing. Andie went into the nursery and adored my daughter and wouldn't you know it my sugar decided todrop. I mentioned something but we waited because usually I have a while before it is serious. next thing I know i am being ordered to sit and drink. i did so. I tried to eat a sandwich. then andie and I went to Jennifer's room and told her by and we would be back in the morning. on the way home Andie and I stopped at Burger King for dinner and we arrived at her and Sam's apartment. Sam is andie's husband. well I was asleep befor my head hit the pillow. this was about 11:15 in the evening. the net morning we woke up and went to the hospital. that night I returned to Andie's apartment because I had to be at church to anounce Ruthann's birth. wenet and did just that. after got a call on my cell letting me know that Ruthann was diagnosed with Jawndis I hope that I spelled it right I paniced but my ride to the hospital and Andie assured it was was normal and not to worry. that night I stayed at the hospital with Jennifer. anyway Ruthann had to be under lights at the apartment for a couple of days. the rest is history. Ruthann is now 4 years old believe it or not.

3 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

Thanks for sharing such an intimate part of your life.

Eagle-eye Di said...

The love of our lives.RuthAnn sure is the spice of our lives.

Eagle-eye Di said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details