welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Monday, March 28, 2011

do as i say not as i do

We've all heard it said before and unless I miss my guess we've all said it ourselves. "Do as I say and not as I do." While it is not usually said right up front, it does eventually come out. For example we might say to our kids or friend "you shouldn't be drinking so much or smoke its bad for your health." But wait are you doing just drink excessively or smoking? chances are you probably are doing the opposite you are asking them to do. they may not know you do but you'll eventually get caught. The person won't say anything at first. but the next time you tell them not to... they are mostly likely to say "but you do it!" your kids will say that or if mom catches them, "but daddy does it." Daddy will often times then retort "do as I say and not as I do." my friends this shouldn't be. we should do exactly what we are asking others to do. This way your walk matches your talk. it's one thing to expect your children or family or friends to act a given way. but it is entirely a different thing for you to follow through with what you are requesting. you may say "I don't want them to fall into the same trap as I have!" this is no excuse. scripture tells us first to cast out the plank in our eye then we can see clearly to clear the speck out of another's eye. So the next time you are tempted to tell your child or friend not to... think of yourself and ask yourself "am i doing what i don't want to see them do?" if the answer is that you are not doing it then go ahead. if you are then stop doing it. that way they can see your example and follow it willingly and not out of fear. above all be careful as to how you tell this. I've always said "it is not what you say it is how you say what you say that is going to convey the message." tone is key. if you use a tone that is relaxed and laid back then you won't be taken serious. if you use an extreme tone one that boarders on anger then you'll strike fear and that isn't always. but if you use a tone that is gentle but serious and a little stern then the reaction in that situation denotes you do mean it and really want to see thing change. always always think before you speak. listen more then you speak and you'll be surprised what might happen. till next time my friends know i love you and am praying for you and if i can help don't hesitate to call on me.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details