welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

toast masters conference and more

This last weekend was my District 62 Toast Masters Conference.It was an exciting weekend but much more was done,much more then just a conference.
Date line Friday May 4, 2007

We waited for my dad to arrive home from work so that mom and I could jump in the car and take off for Frankenmuth,Michigan,for my district conference.On our way there we talked about this and that,alot of gib gab.Three quarters of the way there we wound up coming upon road construction which slowed us up considerably.
At one point mom glanced over her shoulder out the window and remarked about how beautiful the sky had become with the sun going down.

We pulled into the Super 8 Motel about 10:00pm that evening and checked in.Upon getting into our room,we immediately got into our swim wear to stroll down to the hot tub that was awaiting us.From there we went to bed only to get up bright and early the next morning.
Date line Saturday May 5,2007,time 5:30am.

We received our wake up from the front desk and proceeded to struggle out of bed to get prepared for my Toast Masters Conference.But first things first,we had to get some breakfast.So mom and I left the room and went down the hallway to the breakfast room.Free mind you,so it was the best kind of breakfast food you could possibly want.We then went back to our room,ate breakfast and finished getting ready to get moving into Frankfurt.Did we say that the motel was in Birch Run? Yep,it was.
7:45 am
We arrived at the Bavarian Inn Lodge where the conference was being held and proceeded to get me signed in which included buying some raffle tickets.We also bought a book by Kathy Beaty, called Exhaggeration Aggrevation. With Kathy also being a toast master we hunted her down and askedif she would sign her book for us.

We then walked up the flight of stairs where all of the club banners were to be proudly displayed and placed our Words Of Hope along side of the others.As the call for the banner parade participants to assemble,I retrieved our clug banner and got ready with my mom to march in the parade.

The rest of the day was spent listening to exciting speeches and teaching being done on a variety of topics.They also had the evaluation contest that morning. In this contest you have what they call a target speaker and those in the contest evaluate that person. They have to speak for 2-3 minutes. We then adjurned for lunch about 11:30. Mom and I went out for lunch because I hadn't paid for lunch at the conference. We went to the Panda King Buffet, a chinese buffet restaurant,then about 10 to 1 drove back to the conference. I then heard some more great teaching. At about 3:00 we had the inteernational speech contest. These contestants had to speak for 5-7 minutes. They were all pretty awesome.
Time 4:30 pm

I was soon joined by my mom for the district council business meeting.


From there we went and had an awesome banquet.


A picture of myself,president of our club,Harvey Moore,who is soon to be our president,Joann Norman who is currently v.p of education until June 30 and her husband.
Date line Sunday May 6,2007

A drawing was held for the raffle.Mom was one number off from winning one of the prizes.I was no where near being close. We were entertained by an interesting group of german men and one lady playing the accordian and dancing and singing.

We woke up at our leisure, checked out of our motel and drove back over to Bronners. This is a 365 day a year Christmas store. When we first arrived we thought we would not be able to check it out but found that it just didn't open until 12 oclock because it was Sunday.So we drove over and got some early lunch and came back to browse for a couple of hours inside Bronners before leaving town.


We then departed from there to visit cousins Karen and Dennis. This was to make a special delivery of a rifle. We spent the night there and departed back for home the next morning.All in all I enjoyed the trip and plan on attending the District Conference in the fall which will be at Crystal Mountain,up by Traverse City.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a very nice time, and enjoyed the trip and conference. So glad you and your mom could go!

Carol-Ann Allen said...

A very interesting write-up, Dan! Nice to see all the pictures as well -- my goodness, it was a bit of a posh affair! It's so good to be a part of something that has regular conferences and do's because there's always something more ahead to aim towards!

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

Very nice post, Dan!

Thank's for posting it.

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details