welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Saturday, May 19, 2007

real live elevator laughs

Well I saw Jeannie's post about elevator laughs and had to share this one. It really did happen. As many of you all remember I have had surgery in Chicago. Well it just so happend on day we were in Chicago. My mom, sister and I. This was for my consultation appointment with Doctor McKenen. Anyway we went to the appointment then decided to check out some of the sites. It was starting to rain a little before we got out of the car. So mom decided to pull out her beach umbrella to keep us dry. My sister Annette and I backed away and said no mom. no way. [put it back or we're not moving. MOm insisted we should use it. but reluctnatly she put it back. We then went into one of the Malls there I don't remember which one. Mom saw a store she wanted to check out. however it meant for us to take an elevator ride. Mom proceded to push all the butons to get to the floor she wanted. that was alright but it was what she did at every floor that drove one nuts. she looked out the doors to check to see if were had arrived at our floor yet so watching mom jump back and forth checking each and every floor drove us nuts. and she also then proceeded to laugh. we finally arrived at the store we wanted. she found an umbrella that she could use. only to have the wind of Chicago take it and ruin it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your Mom!
Uncle Ed

"Dat Wascally Wabbit" said...

That's pretty funny! I can picture that very clearly.

Anonymous said...

You left out a very important part Dan. This elevator had many many floors. Right before she pushed all of the buttons I yelled no mom! Then a lady joined us on the elevator. She looked at us and said, oh this elevator isn't going down? NO we were going up!!! So this poor lady waited at every floor so she could go down! I could here the time go by slowly as the elevator stopped at every floor! I had all I could do to hold the laughter in. Then mom made some statement in front of the woman about who pushed all of these buttons!

Eagle-eye Di said...

Yep that was me.Real elevator funnies.Only it wasn't so funny when the lady stepped on to go down and realized the elevator was going up.Of all things I had clicked all of the floor buttons to check out all of the floors for the store I wanted.As she questioned what was going on,I had to turn around quickly and look out the other side of the elevator trying not to laugh.This was a glassed in elevator.Annette out of the corner of her eye looked at me in horror and laughter at what I had done and remained speechless.How was I to know that this would happen?

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Ay yi yi! Eagle-Eye Di!

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details