welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Friday, May 25, 2007

elevator laugh revisited with added information

Hello! As many of you know I posted a deal about my trip to Chicago with my mom and my sister. What I negleted to mention was what made it so funny. So if you have read the post read on if not I will restate it here. April of 2005 my mom and I along with my sister took a trip to Chicago. The purpose of the trip was to visit Doctor Mckennen for consultation for surgery. After the appointment we decided to visit on of the malls. When we got out of the car it was starting to rain. Mom proceeded to pull out her beach umbrella and in the process of putting it up almost knocked someone over. My sister and I backed away and refused to move unless she had put the umbrella away. mom insisted it was big enough for all of us to be under but we stood our ground so reluctantly mom put it back in the trunk.We arrived at the mall.This place had many many floors with a glassed in elevator for traveling up and down to them.Mom saw a listing for a store she wanted to check out so in we stepped to travel up.She was on a mission to get an umbrella.Mom proceeded to push all the buttons so that we would not pass the floor that was needed.In so doing the elevator stopped on each floor.A couple of floors up a lady got on and patiently waited to get to where she needed to go.As the elevator continued to stop at each floor and open up suddenly a awful look came on her face and she said to us,isn't the elevator going down?Mom quickly turned around to stare out the back of the elevator.In dread of not knowing what to say and also trying her best not to go into hysterics,Annette answered no we were going up that we were only going up.She then also quickly looked out the back and flew her eyes over to mom in horror with the unsaid statement,Oh No.Mom at each floor would look out the door and step back and begin to laugh and asked alright who pushed all the buttons.My sister and I looked at each other and shrugged our shoulders.The lady had to travel all of the way up until it would begin its descent down because there was only one elevator.Mom did find her umbrella only to have the winds of Chicago break it. I just might have to use this story in our upcoming speech contest this fall.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, only your Mom!
Uncle Ed

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Ahem! I have to disagree with your Uncle Ed! I would say, "Only your Mom or your Auntie Jeannie!" Mind you, I'm not sure I could see Jeannie pushing all the buttons but I could see her doing SOMETHING -- only SHE would know what!

Rebecca said...

I am focusing on the umbrella part of the story. It is a fact that most of us women will do anything to stay dry and so when it is 'sprinkling' as you guys say - to us, that is rain. Bad rain, as it will ruin our hair and makeup.......not to mention our outfits that we have spent hours putting together in the morning.

So...when gift giving next year at Christmas, a good idea for everyone is a 'Brolly'....not expensive, funny and very useful!

Eagle-eye Di said...

Question Rebecca.Whats a Brolly?It sounds interesting.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Happy Father's Day, Dan!

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details