welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

getting back to basics

We need to really get ourselves back to the basics of life. you may ask "what are they?" the basics of life are a heart that is pure and a love that is right and a faith firmly grounded in Christ. These truly the basics.
A faith firmly ground in Christ. How? the way this is achieved is by being consistant in studying the word of God. not just on Sundays or Wednesdays. making sure you have a daily personal time in Scripture and sticking up with it. what shoud I study? Scripture and choose passages you wish. a good idea would be to use a devotional of some type. there are many out there each focuses on a given area. also spend much time in prayer. prayer is talking with Jesus and asking for him to guide you and show you what He wants to see from Scripture. doing this consistantly will give you a firm foundation.
A love that is right. What is a right kind of love? a right kind of love is simplely put love others as God loves them. Don't think for a moment that you cant for... because they are unlovable! there is no such person. God loves all people and we should do like wise. Sure some people may be difficult to love some may even be more difficult then others but do it anyway. This can be done a number of ways. some ways don't even cost a cent. the only cost for many things is your effert and willingness to do it.
Heart that is pure. they one obtains this is by keeping their mind focused on Christ and their mind on scripture. by not allowing their thaughts to sawy into filth. Take ever thaught captive and make it subject to Christ. easier said then done I realize this. it is a practice I do my best to do. I really think if we as believers in Christ return to the basics and stop the finger pointing name calling arguing about this point or that. if we stop this behavior i'll bet you a dollar to a dog biscuit we would see a revival happen in our country. we also need to stop worrying about what this or that person will think of what we say. if the Lord puts on your to speak a given word do it. don't say then apologize for saying it. I admit some things are best left unsaid and sometimes better to be seen then heard. but some people have a sick adiction to being offended. we ourselves need to be gentle but also need to be able take what people say and not be easily offened and become bitter. bottom line "Let go and leg God! afterall if God is on our side how can we loose?

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details