welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Who Am I

I realize I've writen about this before but it has been on my heart a lot lately. Who am I?

Who we are is no defined by what we do. We do what we do because of who we are. Who are we? if you are a believer you are a saint, a child of God! This teaching that says "I am just a sinner saved by grace," is bunk! you are who you perceive yourself as. you act the part you identify yourself as. if you indentify yourself as a sinner then you will sin and sin some more. however if you identify yourself as a saint as scripture says you are you will sin less. I am not saying you won't sin but because where you place your identy that is what you will act like.

I have asked well meaning elder believers why we say "sinner saved by grace" and they say it is so we ca identify with others and they with us. well in my book you are who you claim and if you claim yourself as a saint and act accordingly then others will want to identify with you and be like you. if you say you are just a sinner saved by grace then you will act as such and thereby not giving a nonbeliever something they can aspire to be like. why would someone want to be like you if you identify yourself as being like them? they don't see a difference so therefore choose to remain.

hroughout the who new testament christians are referred to as saints. and 2 Corinthians 5 tells us "if any man be in Christ he is a new creature, old things have past away all is new." if all is new thena transformation has taken place so I am no longer what I was but am new. if new then must be a saint and no longer sinner. yes i sin but I am a new creation and am in Christ. so it is my endeavor to be like him.

in saying we are saints and perceiving that we are and believing it we will endeavor to act like what we perceive a saint to be. so as a result we will probably sin less and endeavor to model Christ. You are how you perceive yourself to be and will act accordingly. so let's stop trying ti identify with the world so we can draw them let's identify with Christ and model Him thereby drawing others out of curiousity to the change and thereby winning others for His kingdom.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details