welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Sunday, February 01, 2009

prayers

I wasjust thinking about prayer. it is a weapon that is mighty. but it is one that we as christians sometimes misues or use selfishly and sometimes don't use enough. grab a cup of coffee this going to be a bit long probably. One thing i've noticed with christians today and I have been guilty of this myself: is that we tell a person "I'll pray for you about...." then how often do we actually follow through. we stay with it until we see results or do we not do it. just say we will because we feel obligated. that to me is insulting promising to pray and not following through. but with our own personal prayer life when we pra what is our motive. are motivated by desire to see the Lord's will or do we ant our own selfish desire. i'll admit sometimes I pray selfishly but the Lord knows my heart. I think though the best answers to prayer are those "unanswered" we should always be praying and stick with it until we see results of some sort or another. let me step back a moment and define prayer: prayer is simplely "talking with our Father" yes I said "with" not "to" but "with" we are talking with our father and in doing so need to show the respect he deserves and when we pray mean what we pray and not just pray because we feel obligated. and when the Lord brings someone to mind out of the blue during the day. pray for them you never know what they are going through at that moment it may be needed. i've found this true. in fact when speaking with a friend of mine a while back she was telling me how she got through a situation that didn't seem like she would. I asked about what time and she told me "x" time and i was caused to remember that was about the time I was paying for that person. prayer works. it may seem like it doesn't sometimes and it seems like we pray forevetr for something before we get the answer or wake up and see the answer but God does answer in "His time!" not ours. so be quick to pray it is powerful but be careful not to promise to pray for someone about something unless you intend fully to follow through. we should always pray Paul tells us "pray without ceasing" this means always keep the lines of communication open and be ready to listen. you may or may not like the answer but accept it and move forward and let the Lord work.

1 comment:

Mister Ed T said...

Thanks Dan. When thee lines are open the Lord propmpts us to pray or gives us a burden for someone, etc. We need to be faithful.

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details