welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Monday, September 15, 2008

routines for school mornings

WellAs you all know school year has begun. Ruthann is now in 1st grade and seems to be enjoying being in school all day. A routine that we started last year has continued this year. It will continue for as long as we can make it happen. Let me back up a little those of you who have been regular readers of my blog know that Ruthann has accepted Jesus Christ as her Lord and savior last Augsut of 2007. Well last school we started the routine of praying before she leaves the house for school. Sometimes I slip up and we do it at the bust stop. Those times I ask her "Ruthan what did we forget to do this morning?" she'll say "pray!" that is right we pray every morning before heading out the door for school. I let her pray first and then I pray for her and with her. It is awesome. I don't know why I decided on this routine or where the idea came from. The only thing I can say it had to be from the Lord. It is awesome because she is learning how to pray and learning that she can pray to God about anything. We pray before bed as well right after our story. Usually a Bible story but sometimes we'll do a story about Curious George. She is growing up and becoming so amazing with many things. She knows that I am blind and sometimes forgets but is getting better at remembering. Anyway God bless one and all and until you visit again. Take care and feel free to comment always.

3 comments:

Kris said...

How sweet. You are a wonderful daddy. The influence you are having in her life now will stay with her for the rest of her days.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear about your routine of praying with Ruth Ann. Keep it up--it will benefit both of you greatly!

Sheri Miller said...

Your routine of praying with Ruthann will be something that you both will always remember. She will treasure all those times and prayers up in her heart. Even into adulthood, I believe that that will be a father/daughter routine that she will cherish. Blessings to you and Ruthann.

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details