welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

sticks and stones

There is a saying that is often taught to children that is so full of lies it amazes me it is taught with any confidence. SSticks and stones may break my bones but your names will never hurt me! This is wrong! Names can hurt. In fact often times they cut deep and leave mental scars. The Bible tells us that we should be selective of our words. We are not speak in manner that hurts. I realize we teach this saying to help kids have a come back that will hopefully stop the teasing and harmful words. But covering it over with a banade only will bring more hurt to others later. Because after a while a person is fed up with being picked on and eventually they will start picking back and often in more hurtfull ways then they received. If we could only see the effect of our words on people I bet we'd change the way we word things and be selective to the utmost with what we say. The way we sometimes talk about others is just as bad. We are quick to gossip or tell stories about someone else just because we enjoy talking. This doesn't belong in the mouth of a believer. A believer has no business gossipping even a little. it is sin. even if we talk of someone and it is true we shouldn't be talking about someone because usually when it is done it only leads to hurtful speaking and causes trouble. So be careful of what you say and of how you say what you say. I've often said it isn't what you say it is how you say it that gets results. You may not of intended to cause anger with your statement but think about how you said it. the hearer probably was angered. i am sure it wasn't intended but think befor you speak. We have two ears and one mouth we should listen more then we speak. We often tell kids not to speak bad of this person or that but we often times do what we tell them not do. So think befor you speak and when you speak be sure you realy it in a manner that conveys your intent. In closing stop teaching that statement and start teach kids just to suck it up and roll with it. There are times someone may say something to me that isn't appealing I have learned to respond with "thank you I didn't realize you thaught of me so highly." it is said in scarism to a degree but often curtails it and i can move forward. Words can hurt and they can heal. it is in your power. I hope you to use healing words more. as a believer you owe it to yourself to reflect Christ in word and action. let them match up. don't let gossip be named about you. may it be said of you "they were a man or woman of God they spoke truth freely and were a pleasure.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details