welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

God Speaks

It is debated among Christians as to "does God still speak like he used to?" I am here to say without a doubt He does. I have an example of this. Many of you, my dear readers, know that I am diabetic. I was diagnosed with it in March of 1998. Also many of you know that I am totally blind and have Neurofibromatosis. Well the Summer of 1998 I was sitting on my Balconey reading the Bible and listening to praise music and praying. Earnestly praying that the Lord would heal me of all these issues. Then at one point I decided that I spoke enough. I closed my Bible and turned off the music. Then I really listened. It was at that moment I heard in a very distinct and audible voice: "daniel do you want me to heal you for your purposes? or are you willing to be the way you are and let me work my work in you." this was something that caught me off guard and wasn't sure how to respond. Being a Baptist all my life it never happened to me before. I was always taught God doesn't speak to us like He used to. I folded up my chair and carried my stuff in. I then related my experience to my Catholic roommate. He said "so how did you respond?" I stated still in shock that I wasn't sure. but later that evening I decided that His way is best and submitted my will to His. God speaks today no doubt about it. It may be like I experienced or a scripture we read or a friend or coworker. He'll use any means neccessary that will cause us to hear the message. the Holy Spirit is in a believers heart and sad to say is often ignored. If we just take the time to shut our mouths and stop and listen, you never know what you may hear. God gave us two ears and one mouth. that means something. What? you might ask. It means we should listen twice as much as we speak. often times our mouths cause termoil and problems that could be avoided if we'd only listen a bit. But be sure when youhear a voice thqat you are aware of the source. Satan candistract us sometimes disguising the message slightly so it looks good. But be assured that my God loves you and I love you and am praying for you. I've been called many things in my lifetime. Some good and some not so good. But the greatest compliment was "you need prayer? talk with Daniel he's a pray warrior." So until next time may the Lord bless you and keep you. May His face shine on you and may He give you his peace.

1 comment:

Christoph Mueller said...

Dear Dan!

I happened to find your post today and would like to know if our Lord Jesus Christ healed you from the neurofibromatosis?

May the love and the peace of our Lord be with you all the time :-)

Christoph Mueller
juni0106@arcor.de

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details