welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

who is my neighbor?

I was thinking today. I know dangerous but really I was thinking. For many years the Lord has been prompting me to be an evangelist. teaching his word. but I have no idea as to how I can get started. have spoken with my pastor and he is looking for ways and we are kind of waiting for confirmation from the church concerning the matter. but that wasn't the only thing I was thinking about. The passage in Luke 10. about the good samartian. Who is my neighbor? our neighbor is anyone we meet anywhere. and we should all take time to help someone if we have the means to do so. is it always going to be convenient to ehlp. no. but since when is Christianity convenient. sometimes when we go out of our way and go the extra mile it will speak louder then anything we could ever think of. we often think a few things do I really have the time? is it convenient? what will other people think? while question one is alright it shouldn't be a stopper. many times we are to busy to do something for others that probably will only take a few minutes. we live in a me oriented world and it is time for us as believers in Jesus to stop thinking of me and think of others. christianity is not convenient if it were then all would do it. it wasn't convenient for Christ to die like he did but it was neccessary. he could have done it more flare and could have made a big deal but chose to do the inconvenient so that w may be made right with him.

2 comments:

Mister Ed T said...

Thanks for the challenging word.

Praying for god's direction.

Eagle-eye Di said...

My prayers are with you in your new endeavors.May the Lord lead you and give you wisdom in what he wants for your life.Love ya.

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details