welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

heaven

got this in my email and felt I had to share it. it is awesome

I Hold Clear Title"
  
  Some years ago radio evangelist Charles E. Fuller announced that he
would speak the following Sunday on "Heaven." It was to be broadcast on
radio. During that week he received a letter from an elderly gentleman who
was very ill.
  
  Here is part of that letter: "Next Sunday you are to talk about
'Heaven.' I am interested in that land because I have held a clear title to
a bit of property there for over 55 years. I did not buy it. It was given
to me without money and without price. But the donor purchased it for me at
a tremendous sacrifice.
  
  I am not holding it for speculation since the title is nontransferable.
It is not a vacant lot. For more than a half-century I have been sending
material out of which the greatest architect and builder of the universe
has been building a home for me, which will never need to be repaired
because it will suit me perfectly, individually, and will never grow old.
  
  Termites can never undermine its foundation for it rests upon the Rock
of Ages. Fire cannot destroy it. Floods cannot wash it away. No locks or
bolts will ever be placed upon its doors, for no vicious person can ever
enter that land where my dwelling stands, now almost completed and ready
for me to enter it and abide in peace eternally without fear of being
ejected.
  
  There is a valley of deep shadow between the place where I live in
California and that to which I shall journey in a very short time. I cannot
reach my home in the City of God without passing through the dark valley of
shadows. But I am not afraid, because the best friend that I have ever had
went through the same valley alone, a long, long, time ago and drove away
all the gloom. He has stuck by me through thick and thin since we first met
and became acquainted 55 years ago, and I hold His promise in printed form,
never to forsake nor to leave me alone. He will be with me as I walk
through the valley of shadows, and I shall not lose my way when He is with
me.
  
  I hope to hear your sermon on "Heaven" next Sunday from my home, but I
have no assurance that I shall be able to do so. My ticket to heaven has no
date marked for the journey... No return coupon... And no permit for
baggage.  Yes, I am ready to go and may not be here while you are talking
next Sunday, but I shall meet you there some day."
  
  DaviLangerfeld

 
"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! I think I will add this to my sermon on heaven.
Uncle Ed

Eagle-eye Di said...

This is very good,its a keeper.

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details