welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

some one who understands

this was precious and I had to post it here. it really makes you think. I ask that you all continue to pray that I find a job. and a special lady for me. but anyway here is something I got in my email that I thought you'd all like.
Someone Who Understands
This devotional was written by Jim Liebelt

Therefore, it was necessary for Jesus to be in every respect like us, his
brothers and sisters, so that he could be our merciful and faithful High Priest
before God. He then could offer a sacrifice that would take away the sins of
the people. Since he himself has gone through suffering and temptation, he
is able to help us when we are being tempted.—Hebrews 2:17-18 NLT
The story (author unknown) is told of a farmer who had some puppies he
needed to sell. He made a sign advertising the pups and posted it in his yard.
Shortly after, a boy showed up in response to the sign. “Mister,” he said, “I
want to buy one of your puppies.” “Well,” said the farmer, “these puppies
cost a good deal of money.” The boy reached deep into his pocket, he pulled
out a handful of change and held it up to the farmer. “I've got thirty-nine
cents. Is that enough to take a look?” “Sure,” said the farmer. The farmer
whistled and called, ”Here Dolly!” From the doghouse and down the ramp ran Dolly
followed by four little pups. The little boy’s eyes danced with delight. As
the dogs approached, the little boy noticed something else stirring inside
the doghouse. Slowly another little pup appeared, but this one was considerably
smaller. The little pup began hobbling toward the others, doing its best to
catch up. “I want that one,” the little boy said, pointing to the runt. The
farmer knelt down at the boy's side and said, “Son, you don't want that
puppy. He will never be able to run and play with you like these other dogs would.”
The little boy stepped back from the fence, reached down, and rolled up one
leg of his pants revealing a steel brace running down both sides of his leg.
Looking back up at the farmer, he said, "Mister, I don't run too well
myself, and that puppy needs someone who understands.”
Not one of us is perfect. Everyone has flaws and weaknesses. Some are more
visible than others, but we all have them. Fortunately, like the boy who
chooses the pup, we have a Savior who knows and understands our feelings and our
weaknesses and still chooses us to be His friends and children! And, in
response, he wants us to demonstrate our love to one another!
If you are one who struggles with your own flaws and shortcomings, today,
take comfort in the knowledge of God’s love for you and then, share that love
with someone else! Remember, the world is full of hurting people that are
looking to connect with others who understand.

5 comments:

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Hi Strider!
I always enjoy dropping by here to see the stories and anecdotes you've selected to post.

I was wondering -- if a commenter has asked you this before, I missed it because I don't always go in to read comments but I will sure come back to see if there's an answer here to this one --

I was wondering how you use the computer when you can not see? You often make reference to using email as well as posting on this web page!

And another question -- what kind of job are you looking for? Can we put some more weight into our prayers with some specifics? Like location ... does it need to be in a particular area or are you willing to make a move ... full-time? part-time?

strider1971 said...

Hi! Carol-ann this is the first you've commented here. I use a program called jaws. it is a screen reading program that translates text into speech. as to the job thing I am looking for preferablely full time with bennifits doing customer sales. and in my area of Grand Rapids Michigan.

Eagle-eye Di said...

Dan,I love you.I began to leave you a comment and have ended up bowing my head in tears.I can't see to leave my comment for now.Give me alittle time.

Carol-Ann Allen said...

Ah! My answer is here! Well, that's very interesting -- it's amazing how these programs work! I'm assuming you then do the reverse and it turns your speech into text. But perhaps not -- perhaps you type and it reads what you've typed!

And you're right! These are my first comments! :)

Eagle-eye Di said...

Oh my! Here I go again rereading and ending up in tears again.Dan I love you so much! I am having a hard time commenting on this post because it keeps putting me in tears.I am sorry.Love ya.

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details