welcome!

Welcome! To my world! Here you'll see a variety of issues spoken on. comment and don't hold back!

a blog for friends family and whoever wants a peak at my world.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

christian essentials

Well I am about to write a speech that I did for my Toast masters group about a year and half ago or there abouts. the title of this posting ws the title of the speech. mind you it will not be word for word but I am going on memory.

Welcome to christian boot camp. I am about to teach you the essentials you need to survive in battle. they are as follows: faith, fellowship, food and prayer. Faith is simple it is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen. you will say to me that I am not like you I am not a christian so I don't have faith. well ladies and gentlemen that is crazy. because when you came in tonight you pulled up a chair and sat down. you didn't check it to make sure it would hold your weight or that it was sturdy. you put your trust or "faith" in the chiar. so you have faith. you drink water without worry because you have "faith" that the filters have cleaned it so you can drink it.
Next you need food to survive. there are 2 types of food. angels food and devils food. angels food is simple. it is the word of God. you say what is devil's food? well anything that contradictions the cook "the Bible" how you will ask does one know the difference. well get you get so familar with the angels food that when you spot devils food you will see it right away. a bank teller doesn't study counterfit money to know what it is they get themselves so familar with real money that when a fake bill comes across they recognize it right away.
fellowship! this is simple. it is gathering with other believers. this for encouragement and to help with the battle plans and build each other up. scripture says we are not to forsake assembling together. so keep on getting together.
Prayer! this is talking with God. you will notice I didn't say talking to God. because talking to someone you expect they will do what you say and you really don't expect or desire a response. Talking with God you tell him what is on your mind and ask for insight and direction and listen to what he has to say. not saying he will answer verbally. he sometimes might but often times he talks to us in response via a friend or his word. now we should listen more then we talk. God gave us 2 ears and one mouth. that should tell us something. we are to listen twice as much as we talk.
so the essentials are: faith, food fellowship and prayer. prayer is very key and not any least important then any of the otehers.

that was my speech. I only had 5-7 minutes to speak so I could give a tun of indepth insight. but there you have it. enjoy.

1 comment:

Mister Ed T said...

Excellent speech Dan. Keep up the good work.

Followers

About Me

My photo
wyoming, michigan, United States
I am a man of God who loves to speak on a variety of issues. I love to speak to motivate, inspire or just inform. As you can see from my photo I am a single father and I do want to remarry one day provided the right lady comes along. If you need a speaker to motivate your employees, gtroup or to speak at an event. I am willing ready and able. Let me know time and place and we can work out the details